1. The rent
2. A refundable tenancy deposit capped at no more than five weeks' rent where the annual rent is less than £50,000, or six weeks' rent where the total annual rent is £50,000 or above (to be registered with a government approved Deposit Scheme).
3. A refundable holding deposit (to reserve a property) capped at no more than one week's rent.
4. Payments to change the tenancy when requested by the tenant, - £50.00 (or higher if further reasonable costs are incurred).
5. Payments associated with early termination of the tenancy (when requested by the tenant).
6. Payments in respect of utilities, communication services, TV licence and council tax.
7. A default fee for late payment of rent (capped at 3% above the Bank of England Base Rate to be charged for each day payment is outstanding (only to come into affect after 14 days from the rent becoming due).
8. Replacement of a lost key/security device, where required under a tenancy agreement.
Steven Oates are members of The Property Ombudsman and have Client Money Protection with Client Money Protect.