For your convenience, our centrally located state of the art office in Hertford is open 7 days a week.
As the leading agent in the area we are aware of the vast majority of new properties coming to market before others, allowing you greater choice.
Every one of us at Steven Oates Property Management works to a set of fundamental values and we believe in providing you with the best service and solutions, so we continually analyse our performance to find ways of being better.
We value knowledge, honesty, integrity and common sense. So you can be sure of dealing with helpful professionals who will be able to help find you a suitable property.
As Hertfords leading estate agency, we primarily sell and let property within Hertford and we are extremely active in the surrounding towns and villages.
Our knowledge of the property market means we have inside word on hundreds of properties coming available to rent.
We have the utmost confidence that if you can't find what you're looking for, our dedicated Property Consultants will find something to suit you using our industry contacts.
As part of the renting process there are a number of fixed charges depending on the service required and the size of the property. These fees are common to all rental agreements and not unique to us.
- The rent
- A refundable tenancy deposit capped at no more than five weeks' rent where the annual rent is less than £50,000, or six weeks' rent where the total annual rent is £50,000 or above (to be registered with a government approved Deposit Scheme).
- A refundable holding deposit (to reserve a property) capped at no more than one week's rent.
- Payments to change the tenancy when requested by the tenant, - £50.00 (or higher if further reasonable costs are incurred).
- Payments associated with early termination of the tenancy (when requested by the tenant).
- Payments in respect of utilities, communication services, TV licence and council tax.
- A default fee for late payment of rent (capped at 3% above the Bank of England Base Rate to be charged for each day payment is outstanding (only to come into affect after 14 days from the rent becoming due).
- Replacement of a lost key/security device, where required under a tenancy agreement.
Steven Oates are members of The Property Ombudsman and have Client Money Protection with Client Money Protect.